10 Best Procreate Paper Textures (Free and Paid Options)
You are in the right place for finding paper textures as we are going to provide a list of Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes.
There are so many to choose from these days, making it hard to pinpoint which is the best for your needs.
Maybe, you’re looking for something to suit your professional needs or rather just a purely fun creative outlet.
By narrowing it down to 10 options for Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes (plus some runners-up!), I hope to cover every desire and need you may have.
As long as you have an Apple Pen, Procreate, and an iPad, the options on this list will have something for you.
Buying one of these options will set you up for life.
However, purchasing a number of these packages can be mixed and matched to cover all your needs.
Now with that, let’s get into it.
Here’s our list of Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes.
Firstly, this fantastic tool comes from a 5-star Etsy shop, Delightful Templates, by Samson.
Secondly, this tool adds a realistic, if not authentic, look to your artwork by improving the texture of your canvas.
This means that it allows you to intensify or lessen the paper and different canvas textures.
Therefore, you don’t have to slave over creating authentic paper and canvas textures anymore!
How convenient, right?
Moreover, you’ll receive an incredible 20-plus paper and canvas textures with your purchase!
This wide variety of textures will allow an artist to unleash his creativity.
Thirdly, I need not mention the obvious benefit of saving time by using this tool.
Now, you can devote more time to doing other creative tasks!
Fourthly, this pack includes detailed instructions on how to use it, so again, no time is wasted by trial and error.
Lastly, if you are wondering what texture effects are included, they are the following:
Pros & Benefits
- You get to play with 20-plus paper and canvas textures.
- The designer offers one-to-one support
- Your purchase entitles you to all future updates of the product.
Don’t you love getting freebies?
Well, here’s a freebie that will surely make your day.
Unlike most free digital products with just one or two product giveaways, this freebie offers 50+ textures!
You’ll get twenty paper variations, wood, canvas, and metal textures.
With all these, you can surely indulge in creating art featuring a myriad of textures.
Now, you’ll experience freedom from the shackles of a lack of resources.
This pack is a MUST download.
Pros & Benefits
- Free to download
- Vast selection of textures
- High-resolution backgrounds
Say goodbye to flat, lifeless digital art and embrace the authenticity of textured masterpieces with our Paper Texture Brushes for Procreate.
These meticulously crafted brushes transform your iPad Pro or iPad into an artist’s canvas, replicating the imperfections and nuances of real paper textures.
This expansive collection of 27 Paper Texture Brushes unlocks a limitless palette of artistic possibilities.
From subtle grainy textures to bold and rough paper effects, you can effortlessly add depth, dimension, and a touch of realism to your digital creations.
Pros & Benefits
- Replicate the look and feel of various paper types, from smooth watercolor paper to rough charcoal paper.
- Experiment with a wide range of artistic styles, from delicate sketches to bold mixed media pieces.
- Seamlessly apply textures to your artwork with Procreate’s intuitive brush system.
- Preserve the integrity of your artwork with layer-based editing.
- Works seamlessly with Procreate Version 5.0 and higher.
The creator of this set is Tsvetka.
She created this set with the hope of having tools that would make artworks closely resemble traditional watercolor.
She made this possible by creating an impressive set that includes 40 paper textures in high and low resolutions.
Moreover, it also offers 24 watercolor brushes and 26 watercolor stamp brushes.
She is also proud that all the tools included in the set have been tested.
The next best thing to do now is to get this set ASAP!
Pros & Benefits
- Includes a wide variety and an enormous number of paper textures
- Offers paper textures in both high and low resolutions
- Has a complete set of watercolor tools to get you creating art right away
This is a kit inspired by an artist, who has taken the lettering and calligraphy pens and uploaded them to work on Procreate.
This comes with 30 brushes, all centered around the genre of lettering, calligraphy, and drawing, mainly popular options when it comes to non-digital options.
Everything from thick marker style lines to micro fine line work, you can get done just about anything.
Also included are 12 paper textures, all high resolution, and a pretty expansive variety considering there are only twelve to choose from.
While inspired by artists, the professionalism and ability to use these pens for anything that goes beyond proper ‘text’ are not surpassed.
Pros & Benefits
- Great for those working on lettering, calligraphy, or any type of typing; a great variety for any text you want to create
- Can be some of the most realistic-looking types considering they come directly uploaded from the use of real pens
- The author of the package offers great support for any customers, as evidenced in the reviews
This has got to be the best option for those looking for paper texture brushes, several high-resolution paper brushes.
Coming with 15 brushes, these provide unmatched realism.
You can easily forget that you’re even on a digital platform.
When using lettering, you can easily fill in any letter with the number of paper texture options giving everything you draw a great or different texture.
One of the cheaper options on this list, you still get more than your money’s worth.
The author is there for support and questions while at the same time, not needing much assistance.
A very straightforward and cut-and-dry package, it is not to be taken lightly as there are plenty of options for professional artists.
Pros & Benefits
- A great option with many different brushes to choose from, all different kinds of paper textures; great for an all-around artist-professional or free time fun
- Good to get a visual on what you are buying beforehand, giving you a photo of each texture on the package sale page
- Easy to work with the author in case you need support in a download or just having trouble with the consistency of the brushes
Great for cartoons, for your kids to play with, and even for yourself whenever you want to just explore your past and play around.
Soak in the nostalgia and draw silly caricatures for your family and friends as if you were back in grade school, passing notes in class.
Even when you are just trying to add some grain to your drawings, these crayons are perfect and always there for you.
It comes with 15 different brushes, beyond the scope of color (although it does come with 29 different color swatches), including chalk, shading, and waxy brush styles.
No complaints from anyone in the comments section suggest that the product is great right from the get-go.
Pros & Benefits
- Great for the inner kid in you, you can play around for hours with these and lose track of time, and great for your actual kid if they want to draw while in a place without the proper materials
- Many different options allow you to try an endless amount of new things without having to wear through sheets of paper, instead of being on your iPad
- Able to just try a retro style or follow a vintage theme, this would be a great package for someone just looking to flair things a bit
A fine art collection great for working with proper art design, a variety of different types of paper allows you to frame any type of photo and make it look classy.
Everything from watercolor paper of different concentrations to parchment paper to a variety of recycled papers, you have an endless supply of creative directions.
You get a total of 32 different selections, with each one being distinctly different from the other you always get the chance to try something new.
The author of the package is responsive to reviews and questions and can help with whatever problem you run into.
Pros & Benefits
- A great opportunity for professional photographers to be able to have a supply of great backgrounds, giving the chance to display many options for clients to be happy
- An expansive package where you can try so many different things, great for image highlighting image composition, and photographs
- Another responsive author who is there to help and can give direction on any issue you face throughout your use of the package
This is a free option ranging in mid-tones for those wanting to work in a variety of relaxing environments.
These textures would be great to create more balance in your high-contrasting images, implementing them in many different ways.
Use them around flowers or sunrises, great to practice your work on contrasting and finding the proper balance in your pictures.
Great to get your feet wet with different kinds of paper textures to experiment with, everything from canvas paper to brown recycled paper to aged parchment paper.
Pros & Benefits
- Great for beginners working on color theory and its impact on color balance and contrasting
- A good author who honestly describes what you are getting with this package and where you can reach out to receive assistance
- A good free package that gives you great fundamentals paper and canvas textures so that you can practice or perfect the works of art you have
Runners-up for Procreate Paper Texture Free and Paid Brushes
These come in a predominantly grayscale; however, they still have most kinds of paper textures you would be needing.
The same applies to canvas textures.
These are classic textures that you would expect and want out of a free package.
The grayscale gives you the best opportunity to make things more dramatic or serious.
Looking to work on some headshots, this would be your best bet.
While you practice using color better, you can use these grayscale textures to help you practice with the lighting and shadowing.
Make all your adjustments with these gray colors and then be able to shift it to color if that suits you.
With how many options you have here, you can easily make it a simple transition.
Pros & Benefits
- Gives you the flexibility to learn more, especially in the realm of lighting and shadowing
- Good practice with the black and white allowing you to get away with more as you practice your technique
- Great for beginners as you practice as well as the ability to use so many different textures and work out your kinks
Enhance your Procreate creations with our high-resolution Procreate Paper Texture Brushes.
The set includes a variety of paper textures.
They range from heavily textured watercolor paper to fine stationery paper, designed to seamlessly repeat across any surface in Procreate.
Easily import the textures and apply them to any layer to add warmth and authenticity to your digital art.
Achieve a professional and unique look with our seamless digital paper textures.
Upgrade your designs today.
Pros & Benefits
- High-resolution graphics
- Specifically designed to seamlessly repeat across any surface in Procreate
- Ideal for use as backgrounds, overlays, and subtle textures for text and logos
- A variety of different paper textures included, ranging from rough, heavily textured watercolor paper to smooth, fine stationery paper
- Some textures feature marks and stains for a more natural appearance
- Easily imported into Procreate and applied to any layer
- Perfect for adding depth and character to illustrations, digital paintings, and designs
- Adds an extra level of realism and authenticity to Procreate creations
- Unique and professional look that is sure to stand out
Introducing the ultimate set of 50 Procreate Watercolor Paper Texture Brushes, perfect for giving your digital artwork a natural and authentic watercolor paper texture.
This comprehensive set includes a variety of brush styles and textures, giving you endless creative possibilities.
The set includes 7 Fine Paper Brushes, ideal for creating delicate and detailed watercolor designs.
These brushes mimic the texture of fine watercolor paper, adding a subtle and sophisticated touch to your artwork.
If you prefer a rougher texture, the set also includes 15 Rough Paper Brushes.
These brushes create a rough and textured effect, perfect for adding depth and dimension to your watercolor designs.
For a more traditional watercolor paper feel, the set includes 15 Cold-Pressed Paper Texture Brushes.
These brushes recreate the textured surface of cold-pressed watercolor paper, allowing you to create stunning watercolor designs that look just like the real thing.
For a smoother texture, the set includes 6 Hot-Pressed Paper Texture Brushes.
These brushes create a smooth surface, perfect for creating elegant and refined watercolor designs.
Finally, the set includes 7 Variations of Grains Texture Brushes, giving you even more creative freedom to experiment with different textures and effects.
The 50 Procreate Watercolor Paper Texture Brushes set is a must-have tool for creating stunning watercolor designs.
Download now and take your artwork to the next level!
Pros & Benefits
- Perfect for adding natural and authentic watercolor paper texture to the digital artwork
- Compatible with Procreate, a popular digital art app
- Suitable for both professional digital artists and beginners
- Helps to create stunning and realistic watercolor designs
- Enhances the depth and dimension of watercolor artwork
- Easy to download and use immediately
- Adds sophistication and elegance to the digital artwork
Introducing the Procreate Paper Canvases, the perfect tool for digital artists who crave the organic look and feel of traditional materials.
Each of these 17 high-quality paper textures was sourced from real materials and professionally edited to give you the most realistic results in Procreate possible.
With these canvases, you can create your artwork in a snap. Just open a document and start painting in the “Paint here” layer or paste your existing artwork there.
The Canvas does the rest! You can refine your result by changing the opacity of the texture and highlighting layers.
It’s completely customizable, so you can create a unique look for each project.
One of the best features of the Procreate Paper Canvases is that you can turn off/on the paper texture around your artwork.
This is especially handy if you want to create a picture with transparent background but still want that paper texture look.
With a resolution of 5464 px x 4096 px (that’s twice the 12.9″ iPad size) at 300DPI, these canvases are perfect even for high-quality print.
These paper canvases are not only high resolution but also premium quality. You’ll love the unique textures and how easy they are to use.
The Procreate Paper Canvases are perfect for those who want to take their digital art to the next level.
Try them out today and experience the joys of traditional art, without the mess.
Pros & Benefits
- Professionally edited for the most realistic results in Procreate
- Easy to use – just open a document and start painting in the “Paint here” layer
- Customizable opacity of texture and highlights layers to refine your result
- High resolution of 5464 px x 4096 px (twice the 12.9″ iPad size) at 300DPI
- Perfect for high-quality print
- Premium quality with unique textures
- Gives digital art a traditional look and feel
- A mess-free way to enjoy traditional art
Unleashing the Power of Procreate Paper Textures
Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes are a powerful tool for digital artists, adding a touch of realism and depth to their creations.
But with a vast array of options available, mastering the art of using these textures can seem daunting.
Fear not, aspiring digital artists, for this guide will uncover the secrets to effectively applying, adjusting, and utilizing Procreate paper textures to elevate your artwork to new heights.
Application Techniques: Bringing Paper Textures to Life
Import with Ease: Begin by importing your chosen paper texture into Procreate. Simply locate the texture file, tap “Actions,” and select “Insert a File.”
Resize and Position: Once imported, resize and position the texture to fit your canvas seamlessly. Use the transform tools to scale, rotate, and align the texture perfectly.
Layer Up: Create a new layer above the texture layer for your artwork. This ensures your artwork remains separate from the texture, allowing for non-destructive editing.
Adjusting Opacity and Intensity: Striking the Perfect Balance
Opacity Control: Adjust the opacity of the texture layer to control its intensity. Lower opacity subtly blends the texture with your artwork, while higher opacity creates a more pronounced effect.
Intensity Modulation: Utilize Procreate’s adjustments panel to further refine the texture’s intensity. Tools like “Hue, Saturation, and Brightness” allow for precise color adjustments, while “Sharpen” and “Gaussian Blur” control the texture’s sharpness and blurriness, respectively.
Creating Intriguing Effects: Unleashing the Artistic Potential
Overlay Magic: Experiment with different blend modes to create unique effects. Overlay mode blends the texture with the underlying layer, preserving colors while enhancing details. Multiply mode darkens the underlying layer, emphasizing texture imperfections.
Masking Marvels: Employ masking to selectively apply the texture to specific areas of your artwork. Create a selection, then use the “Invert” mask tool to apply the texture only within the selected area.
Eraser Artistry: Strategically erase portions of the texture layer to reveal the underlying artwork. Use different eraser brushes to create subtle transitions or dramatic contrasts.
By mastering these techniques, you can transform Procreate paper textures into powerful tools for enhancing your digital creations.
From subtle realism to striking artistic effects, the possibilities are endless. So, grab your stylus, embrace the versatility of paper textures, and let your creativity soar!
These Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes are great and offer a versatility that many other brush sets don’t even consider offering, from every kind of style.
Every single one of these brush sets comes in a .zip file and is completely compatible with Procreate.
The only other thing you need is an Apple Pen and an iPad.
With many options out on the market, this list narrows it down to the best of the best, specific to any style you want to pursue whichever task you have on your plate.
Whether you’re a professional looking for a variety of brushes to conquer any task or whether you’re a creative looking to make something fun and whimsical, this list of Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes should have covered every option.
I hope you got what you needed out of this article.
With these options for Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes, it may be of interest to you to try and combine a couple of sets.
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want the full capabilities these packages offer?
For more helpful articles like this one on Procreate paper texture free and paid brushes, do check our list below.