10 Best Procreate Sketch Brushes
Do you like to sketch on Procreate, but not sure about which Procreate sketch brush to use?
You’re spending a lot of time creating custom brushes; are you wasting your time?
There are many ways to sketch; each one has a neat take on sketching, whether you choose charcoal, graphite, or chalk.
Using realistic media as inspiration, we found the best brushes that can meet your ‘sketchy’ needs.
These brush sets could be an excellent source of inspiration for you.
You can choose the most appropriate sketch brush from the following list for your needs.
Check our list of Procreate sketch brush that we prepared just for you!
Table of Contents
1. Graphite and Charcoal Set
In creating realistic portraits, it is best to use graphite and charcoal brush.
This set includes everything you need to complete your piece, from sketch to final product.
It uses textures from real-life environments, and you will get a natural look in the artwork.
Pencil and charcoal on paper are the inspiration for this set.
They included a tutorial ebook with step-by-step guides on drawing eyes, noses, and mouths.
The tutorial ebook also covers face proportions, shading, and tips for using brushes.
There are exercises on shading to help you improve your artwork.
Shading can make a massive difference in every piece of work, adding realism or interest to the final product.
There are various choices in the sketch brush set, including texture, charcoal, and filling brushes.
It resembles paper and pencil on the device but with the convenience of the digital world.
If you are only a beginner in digital art, this is a great set to use, and it gives a closer feel to the real thing.
The brush pack is available at DesignCuts.com, and it is available in a bundle with other products for a great deal.
Pros & Benefits:
- This set includes 25 pressure-sensitive brushes.
- There are two types of brushes: texture and filling.
- According to the Design Cuts website, the cost is 14$.
- It consists of a 190-page tutorial e-book that helps beginners and advanced users.
- This set includes a how-to guide to creating digital portraits, which is great for new digital artists.
- Instructions for installation and download are also provided for additional help.
- Brushes are pressure-sensitive, giving you the ultimate control.
2. Chalk Sketch Brush
There are over 20 brushes and bonus swatches included in the chalk sketch brush set.
The design resembles the unique texture of chalk strokes.
They can vary in shades and texture, just like the real thing.
Includes coarse, wet, and dusty textures of chalk to explore in the set.
Each has a unique feel on Procreate, such as in real-life chalk applications.
Excellent for letterings, such as blackboards, menu boards, and decorative purposes.
The bonus swatch in the pack includes over 30 colors, plenty to create some fun, colorful works.
Chalk brushes can be thick or thin and have a variety of sizes as well as textures.
In addition to letter art, you’ll be able to create exciting pictures with a chalky sketch feel to them.
Designed for use with the Procreate drawing and art app, they are incredibly versatile.
Pros & Benefits:
- The chalk brush collection includes more than 20 brushes.
- There are also bonus swatches and color palettes with a lot of range.
- You can buy them for 12$ on the Design Cuts website.
- They make excellent and realistic chalkboards for creative or teaching purposes.
- Realistic chalk creations without the messy chalk dust!
- No worries about chalk disappearing after using it on a digital medium!
- The seller has unique collections of brushes for purchase.
3. Sketch It Procreate Brush Set
This set of pencil brushes for Procreate is perfect for sketching, including portraits or objects.
Littlefield Design created this set, and the seller also has another Procreate set available to purchase.
A great deal of refinement, trial, and error went into creating these brushes.
This set has a concise collection of 15 brushes, including pencil and textures.
The pencil brush set includes nine brushes, and the texture brush set has six.
Creator believes a limited number of high-quality brushes is the most appropriate choice.
Sketch It Procreate Brush Set is best for portraits and realistic artworks.
With this set, you can use the latest version of Procreate and get right to making works of art.
Lastly, this set includes hard and soft pencils that give a multi-line drawing without having to draw multiple individual lines.
Pros & Benefits:
- It comes with nine pencil brushes, including an eraser pencil.
- Sketch It Procreate Brush Set includes 6 texture brushes.
- You can get it for 11$ on the Design Cuts website.
- Each is unique to create a realistic look and feel.
- Watery pencil included, which is suitable for shading and transitions.
- Pencils are good for outlining, shading, and textures.
4. Sketchy Brush Set for Procreate
Sketchy Brush Set is perfect for drawing sketches and making fine lines.
Etsy reviews include more than 100 five-star ratings, and the seller also has numerous positive shop reviews overall.
Many people are happy with the set and find it very useful, with perfect combinations of sketch brushes.
The sketchy brush set is the perfect tool for portraits or any application requiring fine-line work that you may want to create.
This set includes 11 unique brushes that are perfect for creating a wide range of images.
Moreover, with the help of a variety of brushes, it is possible to create texture.
Also, the creator of the Sketchy Brush Set offers more brush sets if you like this one.
Lastly, included is a 6B pencil and 6B pencil fill texture, also blend, and watercolor effect brushes.
Pros & Benefits:
- The number of brushes you can choose from is 11.
- There are different pencil types for other uses as well.
- You can get this set at 10$ for 11 various brushes.
- The entire collection includes a multicolored pencil and a blended pencil as well.
- The sketch brush set creates a cleaner sketch look.
- You can achieve a professional look with this brush set.
- Very easy to work with, can get right to creating artwork.
5. Pencil Pack – Procreate Brushes
The Pencil Pack brush set packs a punch!
There are many different options for whatever you want to create.
Real pencils were scanned in the creation of this set—an objective approach to how paper and pencil are used.
Brushes were created from actual pencil marks on paper for a hyper-realistic touch.
Utilizes Apple Pencil tilt for optimal shading.
Pressure-sensitive styluses are great for creating specific effects in the artwork.
A pressure-sensitive stylus will also help get a nice shading effect with this brush set.
It includes two color palettes, also made from natural colored pencils.
Also, two high-resolution textures are added that can be scaled larger.
They were created with enlarging in mind, so they won’t look weird when stretched.
Furthermore, reviewers remark how similar it is to a real pencil and paper look and feel.
The different brushes are a great way to give the appearance of colored pencils or graphite.
With this set, you will be able to draw both straight lines and smudge lines.
Lastly, a full crosshatch and stretchy scribbles give a neat effect without having to draw out individual lines.
Pros & Benefits:
- You’ll find 21 custom brushes in this package.
- This set includes eight different color palettes.
- You can avail the Pencil Pack on Etsy at 10$.
- Brushes are compatible with Procreate 4 and later.
- A dropbox link is provided for immediate access to the brush set because it is too large a file size for Etsy in-store guidelines.
6. War! Charcoal Brushes
A charcoal set like this is perfect for drawing realistic charcoal portraits.
Each of the 20 brushes in this set has its unique texture and output on the Procreate app.
You can choose between seven different shaders and brushes depending on the type of picture you want.
Also, this set offers line thickness options as well as thin line options.
The various options help to give depth to the sketches you are creating.
Aside from that, it also includes a bonus color palette with 30 different swatches.
The colors included in the bonus swatch are black, grey, and white varieties.
For best results, we recommended using a pressure-sensitive stylus, such as the Apple Pencil.
A dropbox link is sent to your email account so that you can access the file right away.
Also, this feature is only available for Procreate 5.0 and will not work with other programs.
Lastly, this set includes 4 brushes – a charcoal shader, vines, and pencils – as well as regular brushes.
Pros & Benefits:
- The package contains 20 brushes explicitly designed for Procreate.
- Additional 30 color swatches are provided in the bonus palette.
- You can avail of the set for 6.99$ on Etsy for 20 brushes with a bonus palette.
- Variety of charcoal shader and vine brushes available in the War! Charcoal brush set.
- Etsy shop has many sales and many great reviews.
- An excellent charcoal set can be complicated to come by, and this one does a great job.
7. Graphite Pencils for Procreate
Next on our list of Procreate sketch brush was created with academic drawing in mind, which could be a fun change for some artists.
Academic drawing is a more technical set influenced by traditional European art and artists.
It includes a tutorial video, which helps get a feel of the brushes and how you can use them.
Included are 21 brushes and two classic paper textures.
Great for professionals and amateur artists alike, this set does not exclude anybody based on their skill level.
Intuitive brush design, get started right away on your artwork.
This set can make realistic creations and has a natural feel with the brushes.
Introduction to digital art sets makes for easy travel supplies.
Available on the Creative Market website, dedicated to various creative interests.
It comes in two canvas formats that are A4 and 3508 x 2480.
Lastly, it is compatible with Procreate 5.0 and later, which is the latest current version of the creative drawing app.
Pros & Benefits:
- Graphite pencils with 21 variations can be the perfect fit for your work.
- This set includes two canvas types, a hard-to-find addition to most purchases.
- You can avail of this set for 25$.
- Graphite pencils for Procreate set include finger and shading brush.
- The product has free updates; continued support makes for a long-lasting user experience.
- Reviews say it is easy to install and easy to use.
8. Procreate Pencil Case
Great for experimenting and creating in Procreate, a large set of tools to use.
A fun take on the pencil case many of us tout around as artists.
This set makes for an easy transition to the digital medium with various tools.
This pack includes tools in various states, an unsharpened pencil, or a stubby marker.
Also, a collection of 34 brushes, includes a variety of smooth to bumpy and coarse.
Some examples of brushes are sketchy, inky, grainy, and stipply.
Moreover, a guide is included for downloading and installing them, which can be helpful for those who may be new to using other created custom brushes.
Reviewers say that brushes feel great and are easy to use, fantastic for getting right to making artwork, and not concerned with technical problems.
Most importantly, overall positive reviews on the Creative Market website have been given to the Pencil Case set.
Pros & Benefits:
- Set of 34 brushes in the Procreate Pencil Pack set.
- Brush variety includes some imperfect sketch strokes.
- Found at the Creative Market site for 22$, the website is reliable and popular.
- There are enough brushes to create whatever look you want.
- The pencil pack is a cute set that offers a lot of variety for new and advanced artists to explore.
- The seller, Idle Letters, offers different sets available on the Creative Market website.
9. My Favorite Pencil
You’ll love this pencil even more than you already do your favorite pencil!
One of my favorite pencils is a free brush set for Procreate.
The free brush set includes 6 different brushes.
The set also includes a chalk brush and two pencils.
With this set, you could make some simple portrait or landscape sketches.
In creating sketches, you can use thick and thin lines.
Kagebonito created this set and you can find it on Procreate Folio.
It includes a PSKi pencil in large and line rough, leaky fountain, and a giant pencil.
My Favorite Pencil set was viewed over 200,000 times on Procreate Folio!
Lastly, the pack was updated over the past years.
Pros & Benefits:
- These are a small set of great brushes, variety, and a nice little pack.
- The set is free to try, so no lost money if you do not like them or are unsure of the brushes.
- Pencil brushes with a few extras included.
- Smudge brushes, fine and thick lines are in the set.
- A great start if you are unfamiliar with custom brushes, either using or installing.
10. Rainbow Magic Pencil Brush
Last on our list of Procreate sketch brush is made by Crvptozoology, a member of the Procreate Folio website.
It is entirely free for you to try out this brush pencil.
A change in colors adds an exciting touch to the design.
This tool could make some unique sketches of everyday objects or portraits.
The rainbow magic pencil brush will look great with sketchy portraits or pictures.
You can use it for much more than portraits and will add a fun twist to already created artworks.
This pencil is a fun change that can create some unique prints.
Found on Brushes for Procreate website, exclusive to Procreate sets.
It is just one pencil brush, a fun add-on to your workspace in Procreate.
It goes from one color to another, giving a unique drawing tool every time you use it.
Pros & Benefits:
- Just one pencil to use, not an abundance to overwhelm somebody.
- Fun rainbow colors transition smoothly from one to the next while drawing.
- Free to download and use, a no-cost option for anyone interested.
- Interesting change of pace if you only use black and white for sketching.
These are some top choices for paid and free Procreate sketch brush, curated from the top creative websites.
If your interests include graphite, charcoal, or a chalk sketchy brush look, give this set a try.
The brushes can make a great addition to your Procreate artwork.
Most of these sets come with exciting bonus swatches or exclusive extras that you will not find anywhere else.
The sketch brush packs offer a great way to start something new or keep doing the art you love!
There are lots of great options if you are new to Procreate or have been on it for a long time.
If you enjoyed this article, you might want to check the following reads below:
10 Best Digital Art Apps For Windows (Free & Paid Options)
What Is The Cheapest iPad For Drawing? Maximize Your Budget
Leave a Reply